All's well that ends well

Meaning: A risky enterprise is justified so long as it turns out well in the end (from The Phrase Finder).

One of my used-to-be close friends said that she likes getting things done because she loves the joy and the happiness it creates, and so do I.  I just finished writing a conference paper out of my grad student's independent study.  This task has been nagging me for a month.  Of course, the toughest part is to get started and get organized.  Once the momentum is initiated, the writing rolls along automatically. 

I have decided not to be a snob, for once, and see what it is like to get myself immersed with people who come from a totally different background than me, socially, educationally, and financially.  I will go and have a wrap-up meeting with dhamma yatra staff, and it seems like I'm responsible for putting all the info together, at least for the evaluation results.

The selfish side of me asked what I would get out of this task.  I guess I just want to challenge myself: to see if I possess communication skills to get my ideas across without infuriating them and to test if I can cross the difference gaps.  And being up there on an ivory tower, I definitely don't see why other people don't do what I think should be done.  I love to have my social norms being confronted and tested.  What I deem very obvious is certainly not so for many people whom I met at dhamma yatra.  Now that I'm no longer mad, I kind of like it.

Oh, how I missed writing...  

Comments