Getting ready to go

I won't teach for at least the next 10 days.  I have paid my due by making up for my next week class today and having meetings with my graduate students.  It felt such a relief to get it done, as if I'm already on a holiday...

Because my friend and I must wait to pick up a Sukato monk from the airport in the evening, I'll drive to Chaiyaphum at night.  In preparation for possibly wet roads, I got my tires changed, and it turned out that my battery needed to be replaced too, as expected.  It feels good to get my car ready.  I just need to vacuum and do some internal cleaning a bit tomorrow.

I don't know why I'm so looking forward to leave for Sukato.  Perhaps I've already had enough of Bangkok.  I find living in the city is taxing.  Or perhaps I've been doing too many things at once and longing for doing nothing.

And it is so not me to run out of things to say.  Not that I'm unusually happy or unhappy, or life has become mundane.  But just that nothing extraordinary, worth talking about has happened.  I wonder what it'll be like to drive to Chaiyaphum at night, and we'll spend our first night at another temple too.

Comments