What's wrong with feeling uncool?

I've been observing myself getting very easily disturbed over the past few days.  Perhaps it's a moon cycle (always my scapegoat), but I suppose it's my own bad karma of sometimes treating my coworkers badly, as if they're my own staff.  Well, the point is not the cause of my annoyance.

I see that I'm irritated and that I want to snap out of it.  Then the question arises, why do I want to get rid of feeling agitated so much?  What's so bad about it?  Is it any different from being overly joyous?

Because I can't indulge myself during these few months, I find myself running out of defense mechanisms, namely shopping and facial massages.  I realize that I rely heavily on money to define myself and to acquire means of pleasure.  Of course, sensual satisfaction, in itself, isn't a problem, but the very fact that I depend on it too much does.

I feel that as I change my attitudes toward so-called negative emotions, I don't struggle as much.  It is like, OK!, let's see what it looks like.  And as I become aware of how depressed I am, I don't instinctively react like I used to.  Before when I felt low, I changed my activities to avert my attention from what's in front of me.  But now I don't sidetrack as much.  Like I've become stronger; I trust that whatever bad feelings will go away eventually, regardless of my own intervention.  So, why bother?

I'm going to Sukato in August with a group.  Initially, I was going to drive myself there.  But I realize that I tend to want things my own way.  What if I can't have it the way I like?  Can I take a bus with other people and follow their schedule?  Plus, I get to save gasoline cost too.  But I'll wait and see for this.  It takes 10 hours to get to and from there.  I want to be there as long as I can afford.

Comments