Speaking for a living

I have two jobs, one of which is official and the other is essential (financial-wise and in a sense of being gratitude to my family).  I just got back from my work vacation two days ago.  Though the time-difference of 4 hours is tiny compared to 12-hour adjustments that I had to make every time I go from the US to Thailand, now I feel like I need to get up on my feet and be ready for work right away.  Perhaps, I have more things to answer to now that I am no longer a college student.  This is the feeling that I don't like about traveling: getting my schedule back on track. Like I need to have a warm-up period before I can be fully functioning.

I spoke so much today that it exhausted me.  I went to the university to sort out some paper works that are waiting for me to sign off.  Although the semester hasn't started yet, I talked a lot: two long meetings with master students about their research work.  More talks on the phone with other people and my family members about family business.  I guess I was with myself for 2.5 weeks that I was not used to expending this much energy communicating verbally and thinking and responding.  Of course, I do like having friends and family, and I love the comforts and all the helps I've got at home (cleaning, cooking, doing laundry).  Yet, there are something I like about being away.

With this political rallies, Bangkok and Thais will be forever changed.  The invasion of Chulalongkorn Hospital was very surprising and alarming.  It indicated how little sensibility some people have in other people's lives.  And I think it makes us all more and more insensitive to violence too and gets us into believing that the end justifies the means. Or perhaps what's going on may be so nasty that its effects are opposite.  Well, it's not very likely though.  At the moment, defilements appear to have higher hands than virtue: hatred seem to breed more hatred and antagonism.

The more I observe individuals who are parents, the more thankful I am that I'm not one.  I can't bear the unrelenting worries about one's own child, no matter how old they're ever be.  I just don't want to chain myself down to another person like that, even though he/she may share my blood.  I'm quite clear about what I want to do.

Comments