My Obsession

I was commented that I was too obsessed with dhamma in my blog.  I suppose so but I just don't see anything that isn't.  He said, you ought to write about something else besides it.  As I recalled, I wrote about my trips many times (to Frankfurt, Cologne, Madrid and Barcelona) and I even tried to recall my feelings toward a documentary about Anna Wintour, the American Vogue's editor.

I'm about to leave for Antwerp, Belgium, tomorrow.  I'm often reluctant to leave but once I'm away, I enjoy my trips, mostly.  I've almost finished packing.  Just needed to add minor stuff like a makeup bag and some textbooks.  I need to be careful about the weight of my luggage as the flight from Brussels to Vaasa limits the weight to 20 kg.

I sent a question that I really needed answered via email to a friend.  I heard nothing from him for many days.  Though it wasn't really me, I didn't want to push.  I've read about how one can communicate with another person through mental concentration (a character from Khun Dungtrin's book, กรรมพยากรณ์, does it).  And that's what I gave it a try.  To my amazement (or perhaps it was by coincident), he replied.  I don't think it works every time.  It probably requires a good receiver; he's an avid Vipassana practitioner, so his mental agility is probably much better than average.

The more I observe my thoughts, the less I believe, or rather, am convinced by them, especially in terms of attraction and repulsion (love and hatred are a bit too strong for this context).  As Luangpor Sumedho said, though we may prefer inhaling to exhaling, we can't keep inhaling forever.  It's just natural that almost every feeling can't sustain itself at the same level indefinitely.  When I see that I'm in love, I ask myself, how long will this last?  I don't snap out of it immediately, but the strong feelings subsequently fade, at least for the moment.  Will this make me feel indifferent towards everything around me?  I don't think an extremist inside me would surrender herself that easily, but I wouldn't mind seeing her toning down a shade or two.

Oh, today I met a girlfriend whom I hadn't seen in a while because she got married and had a toddler.  Partly being sour grapes, I guess, I'm soooo glad I'm not in her shoes.  I like babies and kids as long as I don't have to worry about them all the time.  I'm more interested in liberating myself than planning for my kids.  I suppose this brings a nice end to this entry.  My obsession is me.

Comments

pink said…
i wish there's a 'like' button at the bottom of your post. nice ending ;D ...i think im very much like you
jutapi said…
N'Pink: Sorry for a late reply. It is indeed flattering to hear that I have adopted a sister.