Wat Pa Sukato, My Oasis

Per last blog entry, I finally get myself to write while my memory is still vivid.  The camp schedule can be found here.  To present it in the actual time order, I decided to create a set of links, one for each day, instead:
  • Day 1: Thurs March 18, 2010
  • Day 2: Fri March 19
  • Day 3: Sat Mar 20
  • Day 4: Sun Mar 21
  • Day 5: Mon Mar 22
  • Day 6: Tues Mar 23
  • Day 7: Wed Mar 24
  • Day 8: Thurs Mar 25: not particularly interesting.  I left after breakfast without saying goodbyes to Luang Pee Tum and Phra Ajahn Note as they were having meals.  I didn't want to bid farewells to my girls either as I didn't like having to say nice things one often says when leaving.  The first half hour of driving was terrible; I didn't want to leave.  I felt like I was mentally at Sukato but physically driving.  I was wondering about the red-shirt rally and if it was still going on.  The police checkpoints along the route answered that.
I forgot to mention that I said thank-you and good-bye to K. Wichai at Sukato, and he asked if I'd come again.  I said, definitely, if I don't die before then.  Sometimes, my spoken words reach my mouth before being processed in my brain (my gut brain in operation, perhaps?).  I love my answer but I didn't see where it was coming from.

My next visit is scheduled to be in August during the public holiday where a group of us, led by P'Ngao (พี่เงาะ), would go there to make an off-season offering (ทอดผ้าป่า).  If I can manage, I may go there sooner than that.

Either I was becoming slower or I had more to say, but this time around, this chronicle took many days to finish.

Comments

pink said…
hey i remembered u mentioned ur bday is in march, when is it? is the trip you mentioned long time ago still on schedule? now i dont mind going to wat or doing volunteer work for society,if that was ur original plan :D
jutapi said…
My B-Day is March 18. Yes. We're still going to Khao Yai in the third weekend of May. I don't think we'll do any volunteering but we'll definitely go to see Luangpor Jayasaro.
Unknown said…
Dear Ying: I came across your Blog when researching on Wat Pa Sukato. I plan to visit the wat in September 2011 to learn dynamic meditation. Would you be kind to tell me their address and contact information? It's wonderful that you are doing meaningful works for the wat. regards,may chou, san jose, ca, usa
jutapi said…
Dear May:

The contact information for Wat Pa Sukato is:

Phra Ajahn Note
Email: pspn2008@hotmail.com
Tel: +6687-373-5124