Too much information

Seems like everyone was asked to voice their opinion on these allegations.  The latest post is by Khun Dungtrin.  The last but not least is Ajahn Surawat's blog.  He wrote this item a while ago but I saw the link on his Facebook recently, and it is really relevant to what's going on.  Ajahn Surawat is assigned by Luangpor to teach Vipassana. (I have been to his sessions at Baan Aree many times, and I really like his teaching styles and energy.)

Suan Santitham has also released many open letters.

I think I have had enough of these announcements and web board entries.  I'd stop reading them as they add nothing to my intelligence and wisdom.  So far, what is truly intriguing to me is how far people would go in ruining another person's credibility.  But I suppose we always have our own set of logic to rationalize our actions.

I went to Sampeng area to get my necklace fixed and I also got color pencils and sharpeners that I wanted to give to novice monks (เณร) and พราหมจาริณี (I suppose these are novice nuns without shaving their heads and brows) who will stay at Wat Pa Sukato this summer.  I was told that last year they were mostly in Grades 4-6, and there were about 100 of them.  It must be cute to see them altogether. I wonder how Sukato monk staffs manage them.  I suppose one does what one can and let the rest take care of itself.  I plan to go to Sukato in March, when the university is off.  Not sure if it's a good time to go when so many kids are there.  Perhaps I could help out.

I like what we've got for them and I'm sure they'd enjoy our coloring books which are also dhamma books that come in many variations.  This is one version.  Doing art works are great for calmness development (Samathabhàvanà).  Being little kids, it must be boring to sit still for that long and in that kind of outfits.  To me, monk's robes are very classic, similar to Greek-style fabric layering.

Comments