My brain is numb

Yesterday and today, I'd listened to almost 20 presentations by undergraduate students on their senior projects so my brain gave in and stopped functioning.  I suppose listening wasn't that exhausting but having to read their sometimes-sloppy reports and to comment on them was more taxing. 

Anyhow, today was my merit making day.  After my yoga class, I stopped by S&P to buy alm's food for Luangpor Khamkien and his attendant monk.  Luangpor Khamkien is put on special diets so I don't think he ate mine (he has been receiving treatments at Balavi which cooks for him).  The main reason I went to see him was because I wanted to offer him a knitted hat that my friends and I made (I got the yarn and they did the knitting).  The yarn was so pretty, soft, and of dark saffron color that I couldn't help but buy it (then I couldn't knit).  The lunch thing was actually Luang Pee Tum's idea (I couldn't go to Baan Aree to make an offer so I called him to ask where else I could see him).  The food at Balavi is too bland anyway.    

When I arrived at Balavi, Luangpor was in his acupuncture session.  I recognized his caretaker who is also a lay-person driver.  I left the food and the hat with her as I had to go.  She had sharp eyes and said that the hat is made with very good yarns as it is so soft.  She asked if I could find a more yellow color, and I said this was the closest thing I could get.   I was happy to close off that project.  Whether or not he wears it is not really my concern (she said, the color is a bit too dark to his liking, but, so as to make me feel good, she said, he'd wear it.)  I think the texture of this wool yarn feels much better on the skin than acrylic ones, and it doesn't cause as much static.  I plan to make a hat and a vest for Luangpor Sumedho, Luang Pee Tum and Phra Ajahn Note (in that order).  But I have to finish my scarf project first. 

I texted Luang Pee Tum to notify him that I got the lunch thing set and to thank him for calling the caretaker. He texted back to thank me.  Amazing how I talk to and email monks on regular basis nowadays.

Then I went to pick up Dhamma coloring books for children as the place was very close to Balavi.  So today I checked off two items on my to-do list.

Comments