My Kusala (Wholesome) Manager

I thought up this title while practicing yoga this morning.

Yesterday, P'Lek just emailed me to inform about a dhamma talk this evening at Baan Aree. I totally forgot about that, and the event wasn't even posted on the Baan Aree web site. She'll also give me yarns so I can have them made to hats for monks (I'll ask my employees to do. I myself don't have enough patience to finish it up.)

Anyhow, when I come to think of wholesome deeds I've done with her or because of her, there are innumerable. She signed up for me to volunteer at Baan Aree (just learned how much this job was wanted), bought blankets for me so I can give them as New-Year presents to our apartment staff and got them delivered to me (I did absolutely nothing except paying), encouraged me to translate P'Ed's blogs and to interpret Luangpor Pramote's sermon to English for Auntie Ruth, telling me about interesting fund raising projects for dhamma book publications, ...

More importantly, she's someone whom I can talk to about dhamma. I don't have an urge to talk about it all the time, but when I read about some teachings or hear really captivating talks, I want to share it and cherish it with someone. I find it ironic but true that most people consider interest in Vipassana (cultivating mindfulness) belong to old people, those faced with trauma, or weirdos. I suppose I fit right in to the very last category...

Of course, as friends do, we don't get along ALL THE TIME. Though she is kind, generous and willing to listen to my craps, she is not a sweet talker; her words, like mine, can kill a fainted heart, should we desire to. Well, that's not a desirable characteristic of mindfulness practitioners, isn't it?

I just would like to let her know how much I appreciate all her time and effort in making it possible for me to make merits. Should I be reborn, and I think that will happen with very high probability, my good deeds that I've done because of her, will get me started, not from such a bad position.

Comments

Unknown said…
So sweet. That what friends are for, no more no less.