What a fortune teller can do.

Ou and her sister seem to have long-term back problems which is quite severe.  It was rather unusual for that to happen at such a young age.  So, I told her to go see Mor Phee, an astrologer whom I saw, to ask what they are up to.  I know that my suggestion went against my educational training, but I find that people are more open when they're with someone who know well about their backgrounds as a good fortune teller often does.  Mor Phee generally gives good advice, e.g., telling people to do mindfulness practice to improve their lives and giving them Luangpor Pramote's CDs.

Yesterday I met Ou over lunch.  We were alone so she told me that she has been going to Sala Lung Chin to listen to Luangpor Pramote's sermons every month.  I was very impressed.  Mor Phee told her that she was a person who drifted into thoughts very often.  Ou was told to feel the presence of her body, e.g., "when you're in a shower, feel that your feet touch the bathtub."  She just realized how much she had lost into random thoughts and wishful thinking.  She started to see what's going on inside her head.  She said she doesn't want to observe it anymore as it's so nasty.  I was like, it's there regardless of what you want to do.  If you ignore it, it'll get worse.

Ou said that during one sermon, Luangpor Pramote compared a deluded person to a dog.  He said "Have you seen a dog with spaced-out eyes?  A deluded person is just like that."  Ou said that the imagery was so crystal clear and to-the-point that she keeps telling herself not to act like a dog when she starts to space out.

Comments