Doing what I haven't done

(Photos are available on Picasa)

This morning I had breakfast at a hotel restaurant at 6.30 AM. There was another Caucasian guy already in there. To keep the story short, he came by to sit with me for a chat. Anyhow, I didn't give him my business card that he asked as I didn't have any, and he's not that interesting anyway.

I drove to the bride's house where we were supposed to have a groom's group parading down with dowry for the bride. They offered food to the monks in the morning so they fed the guests also. I got to try Cha-muang Pork Curry. Kind of fun to do the parade.

After I did my duty, I went to see the Santa Maria Church which is 100 years old. I knew about it from the poster shown in the hotel elevator. Very well maintained historical building. This church reminds me of my grade school and junior high in that I went to a Roman Catholic nun school. I owe my good English to this school.

I was also trying to find a historical street that goes along the river. I did find it by accident as it's only a bridge away from the church. I just love historical buildings though not necessarily want to live in them. There is a charm in it that I can't describe. I bought many home-made snacks from these shops. Lots of fun wandering around those street by myself.

All in all, I find I truly enjoy this 2-day trip to Chantaburi. I suppose it's because I had zero expectation so anything positive is a bonus in and of itself. And a trip without plan and without a companion is not so bad.

Comments

pink said…
what does the guy at the beginning have to do with the story and/or your trip?
jutapi said…
I thought it was weird to be approached this early in the morning.