What I'm so into right now

A friend of mine who keeps a blog once complained to me that no one responds to her blog.  I was like, don't you think that you write to satisfy yourself?  To me, my blog is essentially like a journal.  I myself don't even go back to read what I wrote.  Writing keeps me sane.  Having audience or not is besides the point.

Plus, I get to practice English writing, speaking of which, I get another channel to practice.  I'm working on my fourth "assignment" on P'Ed's blog (see the link on the right for URL of Aston27's blog).  This is the toughest one so far as it goes deeper into mindfulness practice than others.  But it'd be challenging, and it'd benefit many non-Thai people (I hope) once it's done. 

Last Thursday, I volunteered to translate in real time LP Pramote's sermon into English for an American old lady who comes to the temple everyday.  The experience was interesting.  I realize that, despite a lack of sleep the night before, I had to stay focused to get LP's main points and get it across in English.  Not bad though I didn't get to practice myself.  But it makes me remember LP's teaching.

Facebook is a wonderful tool for wasting a lot of time.  It's cool nonetheless.  Playing around with it makes me feel up-to-date and not such an auntie.

Comments