How much is too much?

I often find it odd when people do things or think differently than I. I suppose that is called "diversity" which supposedly make life more interesting. Well, perhaps they think I'm weird too. Finding a balance is really subjective. The other day, I tasted a dish that a friend made and thought it was salty. A few days after, I cooked and he thought mine was not salty enough. I was like, hmm, how interesting! Wonder how the taste buds of really great cooks work...

I think K'Duntrin said something like (I can't find his original wording) if you really really like someone and think that he/she is perfect in every way, you just have to get closer and know them more, and their drawback will present itself. I really think this is true, realizing myself included.

The other day I was in a conversation with a friend and while talking about future trips, I said, I'm not sure; I might die before then. He said, oh, talking so was a bad omen. And his response freaked me out a bit; I thought it was common to keep in mind that death can come to us anytime anywhere. But I suppose I'd better watch my mouth. Not everyone have the same set of value...

Is being healthy--eating loads of fibers, doing exercises, and not smoking--a good thing? Definitely yes. But it doesn't guarantee that one won't get cancer or die from illness. A possible backlash of "living healthily" is that one feels that one can control every aspects of one's life through lifestyle, food in particular. I mean, of course, one can, but to a limit. Beyond that, there are other nuisance factors, e.g., karma?

I also have another runner friend who after getting knee injury and recovery from it, still went back to running. He could run but then his knee has problems again. I was like, isn't self mobility more important than maintaining a certain exercise? Besides running, there are a whole bunch of other stuff that one can do to stay fit. Is this denial, i.e., the opposite of acceptance? One has to stop running in one way or another, e.g., when you die? Why not adjust to it now?

Comments