First few days in Madrid


After missing my flight the last time, I finally succeeded in getting myself to Madrid. My sis and I have little troubles checking in at the Suvarnabhumi airport with Qatar Airways as we learned that we were only allowed 20 kg/person, and we were 10 kg over. So we had to carry one luggage with us. But luckily, the airline agent let us have more than 20 kg. Another thrill was when we transit in Doha, Qatar, because we had only 1.5 hour. But we managed. It was my first time in the Middle East. From above, it's sand-colored everywhere, and it looked very dry.

We arrived to Madrid around 8 PM. Marco and Amorn picked us up. On the first day, we went shopping! I've got a Loewe bag and a pair of Campers shoes that I was going to buy. Clothing stores in Madrid are very fashionable. Some brands are already well-known in Thailand, e.g., Zara and Mango. But there are other local brands with very good-quality and stylish items (not only clothing but also shoes and bags). I didn't buy any clothing as I already spent so much money on the bag and the shoes. We walked around the shopping streets in the new part of the town, near where Amorn lives. Because the some fruit stall closes at 2 PM on Saturdays, we did some food shopping before heading home.

Then we left to the old parts of the town and to have lunch at Viva La Vida, a vegetarian restaurant, where we were charged by weight of the food (not the customers, fortunately). Very reggae and bohemian. We visited Plaza Mayor, where public events were held. We went to a renovated indoor market called Mercado de San Miguel. Following by more shopping.

For dinner, my sis and I cooked spaghetti stir fry ขี้เมา with tofu. Quite good considering that I hadn't cooked for 3-4 years. At least, it was sold out and none of us had food poisoning.

See more photos here.

Comments