Need for salvation

I just learned that the last Q&A session with K. Dungtrin (at Baan Aree) lasted 8 hours, from 4 PM to almost midnight. And I thought, wow! people are really looking for someone to tell them what to do (myself included). But I just never thought that there would be this huge need. Of course, having the right teacher telling me what I should be working on is a good thing and probably helps facilitate the enlightenment process. Yet, I still think that a lot of what has to be done or what we have to go through is something that each of us must find out for ourselves.

I start to think that the reasons why we're so keen in seeking spiritual teachers come from our habits of being tutored. In addition to regular classes, Thai kids go to tutoring schools. Or perhaps we're not patient enough to wait for things to happen...

I feel really bad for K. Dungtrin that he had to answer our questions for that long. I suppose I can relate to his exhaustion because I myself get really tired if I teach for 6 hours straight. And the man did 8 hours of talking!! I got his office address and I plan to get him some food gift, as a token of thanks. I don't know what I'm going to get him yet.

Comments