Ajahn Thiradhammo

Currently, I not only listen to LP Pramote but also LP Thiradhammo. (See the link on the right for a list of his dhamma talks). I got to know him because he came to give two talks at Baan Aree: one session in Thai and the other in English. Originally a Canadian, he was ordained and studied dhamma with LP Cha. His educational background was in engineering. I suppose this is why I could relate to him: the way he explains things and how he rationalizes. I also really enjoy his humor, and his laugh is contagious.

Lately, I've been feeling content with myself. It's not like I have anything out of ordinary. I still work, hang out with my family & friends, practice yoga, do walking meditation and listen to dhamma talks. And my love life is yet to materialize :-) This inner peace reflects through my physical outlook, I think. I just saw a photo I took with my master student who just graduated. And I think I look more humane, not like the devil as before. Oh (โอ๋), a friend who is a yoga teacher at Absolute, also said that I'm not as harsh (แข็ง) like I used to be back then.

Like LP Pramote said, practicing mindfulness pays off now, even if we don't reach enlightenment in this lifetime. BTW, my brother just has a one-month old baby, and all he does is sleeping, eating and crying. I was like, hmm, it's quite exhausting to come back and do all the growing up all over again. Not that I would remember what it was like in my previous lives.

Comments