Self-Indulgence

The more I'm aware of my own thoughts, the stronger I feel myself ridiculous. For example, whenever I wear a new dress, I quietly expect people to recognize and compliment it. When I am in a conversation with strangers, sometimes I feel an urge to impress them. To a large extent, I identify my sense of self with my education, my wealth, my profession and my belief. Without them, it'd be interesting to see what is left of me. Probably nothing as what Buddha said.

I got quite bored this morning. Back then, I'd try to come up with a plan to cheer myself up. But now, I just see it and know that it will disappear anyway regardless of what I do. And after my morning class, I actually did feel fine.

I regular read the posts on Larndham, of which I'm now a "permanent" member (wonder what their selection criteria are). A girl posted yesterday about how she fell in love for a monk. Well, at least she is forthright about it.

I never realize that herbal supplement can have strong effect on my body. I'd been taking ฟ้าทะลายโจร to ward off colds, and its overall effect is to cool (yin). I've taken it too much and for too long that it delayed my menstrual period (yang). In other words, ฟ้าทะลายโจร cools my body down too much that my menstrual cycle changes. As I realize it, I stop taking it and instead I drink a lot of ginger drinks to bring up the heat in my body. So now my body is finally "normal."

Comments