The right dose of difference

From my friend's email, I realized that he was not too happy at the moment. Because he is on another continent, it wasn't like I could take him to lunch. So I communicated with him via emails. And I just realize how different we are. I was trying to explain to him what awareness is and how it helps us live a happier life (whatever that means...). But I don't think he gets it. Now I doubt if many of my Thai friends get that, actually. Not even having to consider the difference between my cultural background and his...

Buddha said that to have a happy marriage life, a couple must be equal in terms of spiritual faith (ศรัทธา), morality or habits (ศีล), unselfishness (จาคะ), and wisdom (ปัญญา). I like this guy very much, but I now realize that, in addition to other difficulties, we're just too different.

Being aware of myself and my own thoughts allow me to see how snobbish I am. It isn't bad to see so because it ought to help me become less attached to myself.

Comments