Happiness as a function of ...

I totally agree with Ajarn Thiradhammo (see the link on your right) when he said that whatever experience we have is incomplete. I suppose this is why people are chasing after academic degrees, money, or spouses. The reasons why humans, unlike other animals, need spiritual anchors is to fill in this void.

On this past Sunday, P'Kung and I went to Kalayanatham event where four speakers (three monks and one layman) were invited to give talks. My idol, Phra Ajarn Pramote, was the last one. There were 5000 people cramming into an auditorium and the ground floor of the hall. Impressive how many people are interested in Buddhism at quite early age, below 40.

I just learned that one of my colleaque went out with the department secretary. Call me a snob, but it surprised me, considering that his ex-girlfriend is now doing a PhD in the US. I suppose it all depends what one wants in a wife; he might just need a caretaker and a mother. Oh, well, whatever, I'm off the dating game anyway. It'd be fun to go to a wedding reception where I know both the bride and the groom.

Comments