Breaking my vows

Finally, I can't stop myself from spending money for very long. Last Friday, I got a pair of shoes, and then on Sunday, I bought a couple of dresses (one of my favorite stores is having a sale so I can't resist).

This week, I've also managed to reformat the C drive of my notebook. It's been two years since I had it, and many software has been installed. Some probably have conflicts with another. As a result, my notebook ran quite slow.

I had fun backing up my stuff and discarding some items. I only need to do the C drive because all my data is in drive D. I also got to backup some preferences (e.g., for the web browser and emails). And I've got to download newer edition of software I commonly use.

I found not listening to music and not watching TV helps me become less distracted. Now I listen to Phra Ajarn Pramote when I drive; his voice is very comforting. I love it. And being a vegetarian helps my digestive system; I no longer have constipation. P'Poo said that it also helps one lose weight. And I found it to be true.

Last nite while doing a walking meditation, I slipped into thoughts. If I am married, I probably wouldn't be doing this now and probably busy preparing meals or helping my child's homework. All those jobs are beneficial but I just don't have interests in them.

It's raining almost every day this week. I love it when I don't have to go out. Now it's about to rain quite heavily...

Comments