First dropback in two months

Amorn told me that P'Kong missed me, so our faith has arranged for him to practice behind me this morning. Thus, I felt obligated to show off...

For some strange reason, I felt I had energy this morning although I practice less frequently (3 times a week vs. 6) at the studio. I do practice by myself when I don't go there but the practice is also shorter, only 30 minutes instead of 1.45 hour.

Also, my back and front side of my body seemed to be more open lately. When I do wheels (urdhva dhanurasana meaning "upward bow pose"), I don't feel so compressed, and after the first two lifts, I do feel good in it; I could get my arms and legs quite straight and my front hips stretched, also my abdomen. I suppose because the spine gets stretched, I feel happy afterwards.

I hadn't done dropbacks for almost two months now because I didn't feel like it, and I'm no longer killing myself during practices. But today I felt like my body was ready. I did half-bends a few times. The first dropback was quite shocking to my body; some part of my shoulderblade muscle was activated (never knew that it got used). I couldn't jerk myself up. The subsequent 3 trials were better. Finally, I could get up without running forward (my feet stayed on the mat).

Change of subject: Death seems to be immediate around me these days. My department secretary's sister just passed away, and so did my colleaque's sister because of kidney failure.

A new newsletter from Khun Dungtrin is now available.

Comments