Birds don’t see the sky.

นกไม่เห็นฟ้า ปลาไม่เห็นน้ำ
(ของท่านพุทธทาสฯ จำได้ไม่หมด)

It turned out that I misread my friend completely. I thought he has some issues, but he thinks he doesn’t. All is well, I suppose; I have one less thing to worry about. Perhaps, it should work the other way around too. Since I think I have some problems, in fact, I might not…

Then I finally told another friend how upset I was when she didn’t return my calls. I can’t really understand what’s so hard about sending SMS or returning calls, but some people can’t get around doing them. I think I upset her by telling her all this. But then I asked myself if I have friends so that they become extensions of me: thinking like me, behaving like me… Or I actually do respect who they are, with all their differences.

I listened to a really good sermon by Phra Thiradhammo. Originally Canadian, he studied with Luang Por Cha. He has been ordained for 35 years now. He currently heads a monastery in New Zealand. He is fluent in Thai, so he delivered both a Thai and an English sermon (click for the link) at Baan Aree. I’ve never found anyone who can explain Vipassana, in English, so comprehensively and succinctly like him.

Comments