Weekend at Pattaya

I kind of enjoy some aspects of economic slowdown; hotels offer cheaper rates. This weekend, my family and I went to Sheraton Pattaya. Pretty and private. It sits on a hill with its own access to the ocean (though its beach is not exactly it).

What I like about these new hotels is their furniture and their differences. Chairs and sofas are deep seated enough that I can put my entire butt and thighs on them. Sofas become daybeds. They also provide us with a basket with hats, sunblock, a sarong and a lavender eye mask pillow.

The breakfast at this hotel is amazing. One of the best hotel breakfast (not including brunch). I just realize that I tend to eat the same things for breakfast even though they have wide selection of other things, like noodle soup, omelet, sausages... I had baguette, croissant, scone, muesli with fruits and young coconut. Baguette is a KPI (key performance indicator, measure) of the overall freshness of bread at hotels because it has a lifetime of one day (to remain crisp outside and soft inside).

I have always felt that, besides my own complacency (laziness), what holds me back in my Vipassana practice is my affection for comfort and luxury. I love going camping and hiking and being rugged once in a while. But I also like being pampered and being in nice places. Well, at least I'm aware of it.

I just learned that a side mirror for my Toyota Camry is about 3000-4000 Baht but the same part for a Mercedes Benz C class is about 50,000 Baht (on my sister's car). I suppose I'm a forever Japanese car driver...

Comments