Rainy days

To me, rains come earlier this year. The nice thing is that things cool off a bit and there is no need to water plants, but it's wet and quite burdensome to get around, esp. if without a car. Still, I love the rain.

Yesterday was my bad luck day. I had a slight fever and a headache. On top of that, after seeing a doctor, I got into a car accident, trying to make a turn and a motorcyle hit my right door and my side mirror. The cyclist and his passenger weren't badly hurt. But the girl was kinda shocked.

I started to think that having accidents is a combination of carelessness and pre-determination. I'm well acquainted with that area, but it wasn't my usual routine to turn right at that point. And I'm generally checking my side mirrors before making turns... Sounds like an excuse anyway...

Anyhow, after lots of sleep, I feel good today and thus am writing. I suppose having accidents or glitches is only annoying because it's unexpected and thus disruptive to a normal schedule. If one put an accident into a today's schedule, it wouldn't be so bad. Just another chore to endure.

Getting sick and getting into an accident makes me realize that I can actually die in any minute. Before, I sort of agreed, but it's like a book understanding, not a true insight. Like it's impossible to explain what an apple tastes like to someone who never eats it before. Just like it's so easy to conceptually comprehend the path to nirvana and yet it's so against my habits and instincts that it takes time to unlearn. If not in this lifetime then the next. And I know I've practiced Vipassana before...

Lastly, it's unbelievable to me that I have a "friend" who gets annoyed with my blog!! Anyway, it's instructive to meet unusual soul.

Comments