My flooded notebook

Well, I'm exageratting. It was soaked because the water from the A/C leaked; water pipe was blocked. My notebook was still able to be turned on but it's acting weirdly. Perhaps because there was still water inside. I'm waiting for it to dry off and check it out. A very good excuse to get a new notebook... It's about time anyway...

On Saturday, I cleared my mom's stuff (she passed away two years ago) for donation. And I was thinking about how someone might sort out my stuff when I die. And it reminded me of how Phra Ajarn said "everything is temporary." Be it, something tangible or intangible, something desirable or detestable. I was and still am a shopaholic. And I know that the thrill of getting new stuff is gone just about when I wear it the first time. The same is true about other stuff: getting into a highly selective school or getting a PhD. Not sure if I get more patient now because I get older or because I know that it'll be gone anyway. Or perhaps I put my mind to work by just observing my irritation so the subject on hand is not so bothering...

Anyhow, I must say that I'm glad that I've witnessed the dying process of my mother. She is someone whom I have known all my life, whom I have been able to rely on for almost everything, and whom I admired considerably. Seeing her personality changed as the disease progressed was, to me, the way nature alleviates the pain of forever separation. She was not just gone one day, but she was leaving us bit by bit. I realize for the first time that self must not exist; otherwise, she wouldn't change so fast from a highly independent person to a very inconfident woman. Part of her is within me anyway...

I'm going to หลวงพ่อคึกฤทธิ์ sermon at Baan Aree tomorrow. Quite looking forward to it as I've never seen him in person. It's supposed to broadcast live on the internet via Baan Aree website.

Comments