Last day in Cologne and moving on to Frankfurt

See the slide show.

Hmm, I started to feel like going home. I guess as I’m getting old, it’s hard to get myself excited or interested in something over such a long period of time. I miss going to Baan Aree.

Yesterday was my last day in Cologne. I walked around waiting for the Wallraf Museum to open. Finally reach the conclusion that this town is relatively small. Almost all of the tourist main sights are within half hour walk of each other. The Wallraf Museum has a very good collection of Cologne arts and interesting exhibition on the Moon: how it captures artists’ imagination over time.

Then I took an express train back to Frankfurt. Very fast, 50 minutes. It went along side highways and farmland.

Frankfurt train station is huge. My hotel is close by.

I’m glad that I started with Cologne. Frankfurt is too hectic and too big. Its many skyscrapers make it more similar to American cities than European ones. EU Central Bank and headquarters of German banks are here. Lots of construction of high rises (I think this is probably an American word).

There are also more non-Caucasian people in this town too.

And the churches in Frankfurt are not as elaborate as in Cologne.

Comments