First day of semi-work

Today was the work day for some people, not civil servants. So, the traffic was light, like Saturdays. Uniformed soldiers are still around downtown, just to make sure things are ok. The news anchor, Khun Sorayut, said this morning that this is only a temporary break. Like the end of Round 1. But at least for now, our PM earns high approval ratings...

I went to Baan Aree, for lunch, to drop off a ceramic bowl for Par Sorn Kaew decoration on the Chedi, and to pick up mushroom balls for Amorn. I really like this place. I feel relaxed every time I come, even just to eat or pick up some books or CDs. I had some time to kill so I read Khun Dungtrin's book & found out that he was born in Buddhist year 2510 (AD 1967). Amazing how accomplished he is, as a Vipassana practitioner. Well, I shouldn't compare myself with the guy who could recall his past life when he was very young...

At Baan Aree, I met a friend, Ju, whom I met at Suan Seang Arun. From her medical residence uniform, I found out that our names are very close, mine is Juta, and hers is Jutamas. So, we agreed that we're Sa-ha-dharmmic. She's a psychologist and I feel that she can sense people's mind. She commented that my mind---hard word to translate to English---is lighter and asked what I have done. I told her about my visit to LP Montri and told her that he told me to practice mindfulness more often and longer, and so I did. Her comment delighted me greatly, like my effort pays off. Well, this means that I still long to be graded...

Oh, on the way out, I also saw P'Mai's car but didn't see the guy.

I'm leaving for Madrid tomorrow night. Twelve hour flight on the B-class shouldn't be so bad...

Comments