Failing the test

I'd never thought I could make this kind of mistake but I did. When I checked in at Thai Airways counter last night, I found that I needed a Spanish visa, even if I'm holding a diplomatic passport, and even if Spain is a Schengen country. I could enter if I have a valid Schengen visa from another country (only three countries have this exception: France, Spain and Greece). I did go to Sweden and Finland (both are Schengen) before with this passport and no visa. I was totally shocked...

I never failed in my travel plan before. I always got to go where I wanted, according to what I'd planned. I was so disappointed in myself that I couldn't really sleep last night. My glitch is totally my own carelessness. I don't think I care that much about traveling but my self confidence is totally dented.

I was also surprised that I didn't take this problem as well as I had thought. In a sense, I failed my self test of being neutral to the good and the bad. I guess I'm still not, after all. My Vipassana practice is still too weak to achieve that...

Nonetheless, my travel agent lets me change the flight plan with some charge for re-issuing the ticket (about 3300 Baht), so I still get to go to Frankfurt, leaving Monday night or Tuesday noon. I couldn't go sooner because the TG office is closed over the weekend.

Well, at least I get to go to Aj. Surawat's session this Saturday and also Phra Ajran Misuo's sermon this Monday.

Man...how I hate uncertainties...

Comments