Bangkok back to normal

Finally, some of the riot group leaders have turned themselves in: Khun Veera Musikapong, Nattawut Saikeau and two others. So, the protesters were slowly going home (most came from outside Bangkok). Life has returned to normal. Downtown mega malls which were closed for two days are now open. I just saw on the news that people are coming out on the street to "play Songkran" (throwing water at each other--strangers included). What has happened was so surreal. I guess it's an advantage of Thai people in that we're fun loving and we can resume our normalcy quite fast.

From the Nation newspapers, it seems like Khun Thaksin's reputation is tarnished beyond any PR help; the paper said that he lied to BBC. The Ministry of Foreign Affairs is about to revoke his passport. His immediate family are all abroad.

I finally bought my very own digital camera so I can post pictures on this blog. I searched for it through the web, price comparison and everything. The store that I went to is incredibly small. I think their business is made possible because of the web; there is no way I could know their existence had I not searched the web. I interviewed the sale ladies to find out that the owner(s) are quite young, below 30 and they're Chula graduates. Amazing what the internet can do...

Tomorrow & Friday is the government (not private sector) holiday, and I plan to go to yoga class tomorrow.

Comments